Monday, November 28, 2005

Card chaos

I got a call from Citibank today. I had visited their website a few days back and applied for a new account. I never expected them to call because I remember closing my browser before the form was actually submitted. Maybe I wasn't quick enough. A nice chap called Gaurav call me and politely said if I had 5 minutes to answer some questions. This is normal for any bank so I agreed and answered the questions that followed.

I didn't open an account with Citibank. The package that Gaurav recommended required me to maintain a balance of AED35,000. Anything less than that and I would be charged a monthly fee. Also, I didn't get a free credit card.

I wonder why when banks call you they offer to give you credit cards at no extra cost but when you go to them, they say no bank will give credit cards without a fee.

No comments: